In 1950 District Governor Carl Brown of district K, with the help of the Searcy Lions Club chartered a club in Heber Springs.
On January 29, 1951 Lions Clubs International approved and sent a charter for the new club. A charter night celebration was held with 24 new members and visitors from the two other districts of Arkansas.
Since being chartered, the Heber Springs Lions Club has worked to support those in need in Cleburne County as well as the state projects. Today the Club provides glasses and hearing aids to many clients. They proudly use the SPOT machine to provide vision screening to people ranging in age from 6 months to 96 years.
The assistance provided to those in need is made possible by the club's primary fund raiser which is the April live auction. It takes the businesses of Heber Springs and Suddenlink cable to accomplish this huge undertaking. The club can also take pride in being the home of members who have served beyond the club level.